Our new insurance policy commences 1st May 2021 and is ON SALE NOW in the BSG Online Store. Prices from only £23.50
Sugarcraft Insurance Scheme
Our low-cost cake makers’ insurance scheme is available to UK resident British Sugarcraft Guild members, and is aimed specifically at hobbyists, home bakers, and people who run a small, part-time cake business from home, selling their cakes via recommendation, advertising and at craft and wedding fairs.
In addition to cakes and sugarcraft, the policy also covers members who make chocolates, cookies and biscuits, cheesecake, and other sweet bakes.
If you’re not already a member of The British Sugarcraft Guild, it’s really easy to join!
You can buy an annual BSG membership subscription and take advantage of our exclusive low-cost insurance scheme – ordering both at the same time in the BSG online store.
Our most popular selection is BSG annual membership PLUS Option 1: £2m public & products liability cover.
Buy both today for a single payment of just £48.50
- All insurance options are available exclusively to BSG members and it is noted that no member will be insured whose annual turnover from sugarcraft activities exceeds £8,500.00
- £2m liability is perfectly adequate for most members. We offer the higher £5m liability for those attending venues that specifically require the increased liability cover level.
Public Liability covers your legal liability to third parties (members of the public, individuals or organisations) for accidental injury to persons or damage to property arising out of your sugarcraft or cake making activities (includes sugarcraft tuition with a maximum limit of 10 students attending).
Also insured is Products Liability which covers your legal liability to third parties arising out of products supplied and includes food poisoning.
The standard limit of liability is £2m for both public & products liability but can be extended to £5m if required.
The All Risks Cake Cover extension adds cover for loss or damage to the cake/equipment whilst at home, at a venue or in transit in your own vehicle. The total sum insured will be £3000 with a single item limit of £1000.
A £50.00 excess will apply to each and every claim. Cakes in transit must be carefully and reasonably packaged to prevent damage and there will be no cover for cakes left in an unattended vehicle.
All Risks Cake Cover is only available as an addition to Public & Products Liability Cover and is not available on its own.
The Money Cover extension includes cover for loss of money: in transit, personal custody or attended private dwelling of the insured to £2000
A £50.00 excess will apply to each and every claim.
Money Cover is only available as an addition to All Risks Cake Cover and is not available on its own.
- The insurance scheme is offered to resident UK Individual and Branch members of The British Sugarcraft Guild (not Cygnet or International members).
- The scheme is operated as an ‘umbrella policy’: i.e. the BSG holds one policy which members may pay to join into; therefore cover has fixed start and end dates each year.
- The insurance year commences 1st May and expires 30th April. Members may be added to the policy at any time during the insurance year, but the premium and expiry date remain the same.
- The premium includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the prevailing rate and an administration fee.
- The scheme is provided by ADS Insurance Brokers Ltd, and the policy is underwritten by Ansvar Insurance.
- Full information including limitations to this cover can be found in the Statement of Fact document, the Insurance Information Sheet, or by contacting BSG National Office.
- It is noted that no member will be insured whose annual turnover from sugarcraft activities exceeds £8,500.00.
- Individuals or businesses whose annual turnover exceeds the limitations or otherwise falls outside the BSG scheme are invited to seek details of a personalised policy from our brokers: ADS Insurance Brokers Ltd.